When it is about quality and look, the first name that strikes is the Banglar Silk sarees. Their gorgeous looks and supreme quality make them apt for the festive seasons. Due to its timeless charm, these sarees are well-known across the planet. There is no secret that the silk used for making these outstanding apparels are made with animal protein fiber. The quality, color combination along with the excellent designs makes them unique and add to sensuousness.
There are diverse varieties of silk found in the market and for each type the insect chosen is also different. To maintain its incredible looks, it requires commercial procedure of manufacturing silk. Since it requires precision and highly complicated, it requires labor intensive.
- Silkworm cultivation is commonly termed as sericulture. The mulberry silk moth’s filament are utilized by the commercial silk firms.
- Egg hatching is the foremost stage. After hatching, they are generally incubated till they hatch into larvae.
- Feeding on these leaves helps to produce the finest quality of silk. After 6 weeks when they get heavier, they become ready to spin a silk cocoon.
- Gradually over the next four days, they rotate their body some 300,000 times, producing silk filament. Following to this, they are being unwound by using hot steam. Since, sericin guards silk fiber while processing, it is habitually left till the woven fabric stage. Once it is carefully washed, the fabric becomes highly lustrous, soft and light.
- The silk that is reeled is left into silk yarn. The skeins of the raw silk is categorized on their length, size, quantity and color. While winding, desired amount of twist are offered to silk strands. Different silk yarn are offered different twists.
- Thrown Singles: Approximately three to eight filaments are being twisted in a specific direction to create Singles.
- Tram: Two to four untwisted singles are offered minimum twist. These are commonly utilized as filling yarns.
- Crepe: Each raw silk filament is being twisted together, one in Z direction other is S.
- Orgazine: More than two or two singles with twists along Z direction is combined by making a twist around each other along its opposite direction.
- Varieties of finishing procedure are used in different fabrics for improving its feel, durability and appearance. One of the unique finish is Weighting, which is performed while dyeing process.
Due to its fantastic look and precise work nothing could surpass the demand of Banglar Silk Sarees. Its looks, quality, patterns and designs are immensely attractive, which make them consider as the Queen of Textiles. Nothing like these sarees can complement the beauty of women.